July 19, 2015

Maggie Holmes Open Book + Gossamer Blue

DetailsCali

COLLECTION | Maggie Holmes Open Book + Gossamer Blue
STORY | Documenting a silly little picture. My niece had the big camera and was trying to take a picture of us. She kept telling me that I was way too short for my husband and that I should try to stretch a little. This cracked us up. And the shot she got was one where my husband was trying to come down to my level. It's oh so silly and very us.
DESIGN |  I started with the idea of arranging elements in a grid. I started with the 4x4 photo and built around it. Using die cuts from the Open Book collection and layers of patterned paper gave me a simple but interesting frame around the photo.

Detailsdetail
My favorite detail is this glittery title sticker from Crate Paper. I love the fancy font and little bit of whimsy that it adds to the page.

This is one of those ordinary (but funny) memories from our California that I want to remember.

3 comments:

  1. A lovely page + a touch of humor = a win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page. I really like how you used all the fun elements and that sparkle in the title rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout, love the little details.

    ReplyDelete