November 9, 2012

Echo Park Fall Fever

This layout is big on photo and low on journaling - not usually my style. I really didn't have much to say about this old shot other than I love it. So I played up some pretty product (Echo Park's Fall Fever) and a clever little title. I had to find a way to tie the 'owl' thing in. I couldn't just use random owls. Can't do it.
The very thin 'everyday' was cut with a Silhouette. I love how it can handle intricate shapes without shredding them. The banner negative was also cut with the Silhouette. The button in the title is simply there for necessity. I needed some way to stick that long banner to my photo. That button hides the adhesive. The rest of the title is stapled on.

For more instructions and tips on how to cut vellum with a Silhouette see this Echo Park Paper blog post.

SUPPLIES USED:


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I love all the Silhouette cuts. The button replacing the O is a neat touch, irregardless of it having to hide adhesive. I am loving the dark woodgrain papers lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout Nancy..as always.
    I am just now waiting for this mini theme..can't believe it took me so long to order. The woodgrain and stripes are my FAV.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete