March 14, 2011

Snowfall Calendar

I just posted this page in the Two Peas in a Bucket Garden this morning. This is my final winter assignment and I can't tell you how happy I am about that. I am so done with winter and scrapping about it!
This layout is copyright Two Peas in a Bucket.com
I love these stitched calendar pages by Ki Memories and I used it to mark all of the snow days we had in January. I embellished each date by sewing a snowflake out of twine and writing down how much snow we got on that day.
I added a ton of embellishments and bright colors just to cover up some of the "white" on this page. The gray I used is a true steel gray and not the purplish hue that it looks like here. Not sure why the photo turned out that way.
I tied the two pages together by running the colorful measurement tape sticker through both pages and wrapping the Echo Park swirl sticker around it. A few simple 4x6 pictures from this winter and the layout is complete.
It looks like we are finally done with snow and winter in New Jersey. And that's it - the FINAL winter page of 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Genious use of the calendar page, Nancy! I have several of them and now my mind is reeling w/some creative ways to use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love it nancy! I might have to scraplift the idea of a calendar to track events :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have several of those calendar papers and was clueless on what I was going to do with them. Now I have an idea!

    ReplyDelete