May 19, 2010

A Late Entry

This was the April Page Maps Blog sketch contest....

And this is my interpretation of the sketch...

This layout was a day late and a dollar short - actually a mere month late. It was my entry into the contest for April and I just finished it recently. Sometimes I have a hard time following a sketch that I like. Either my favorite photos are the wrong shape or my titles are too big.

This time I was having a really hard time with all of the "white" space that the sketch called for. Although I like the look, I think I'm a 'use the whole page' kinda scrapper at heart. I tweaked it, added more pictures, more patterned paper, more everything and I was finally happy with it. But now, it doesn't really look like the original sketch as much. Sigh. Maybe this is a sign that I can't follow directions - hee!

I drew this sun freehand and cut it out. Then I sewed and sewed and sewed on it and inked it all around with chocolate chip ink. It was the perfect place for my title and added a special little something to the top of the page. It was fun to make and I really want to try this technique out with a really huge shape in the future.

(Supply list: Paper: October Afternoon (brown) and Fancy Pants. Chipboard swirls and brad: Fancy Pants. Gems: Basic Grey. Letter stickers: Basic Grey (brown), Thickers (aqua).

Thanks so much for stopping by. Oh and thank you to Becky Fleck at Page Maps for the great sketch!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment