December 31, 2013

On the Eve

The Christmas season means that I take a long break from creating. Parties, shopping, hosting family and getting on the floor and just playing with the kids fills my holiday season. As much as I love it, it is so nice to get back here and create something. I can't stay away from this place too long.


Speaking of the holidays, here's a snapshot of Christmas at Casa Damiano. There are so few good pictures because I'm usually too busy hosting (and talking and playing). Next year someone is getting the title of official photographer, I just have to remember to assign it.
This was my last 2013 video for the Two Peas series, Scrap Your Stash. The focus this time was on wood frames, which i love and own way too many of. One of the reasons I loved doing this series so much was that I got to combine my love for products + stories.


I chose these photos from a recent vacation and Nico's love of guava juice. I added the wood frames, hand stitching and a soft, tropical palette to complete the story. You can watch the process here, if you'd like to see how it came together: Scrap Your Stash with Nancy Damiano: Wood Frames



Looking forward to big changes, new opportunities and creating pretty things in 2014. See you in the New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures and projects! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Love all your beautiful photos and that awesome mickey ears ornament. We picked up some of the them in different themes while at the parks last year, but I never saw this style! Super cool! :) Your layout is pretty awesome too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great holiday pictures and awesome layout! I too immediately noticed that Mickey ornament (Disney lover here). Happy New Year Nancy!

    ReplyDelete