July 11, 2010

Summer 2010 Part 1

We've been busy lately enjoying summer and the outdoors. The pictures are really starting to pile up around here! I scrap way less in the summer but I do try to make time to go through my pictures and write down stories and memories while they are still fresh in my old mind.

I picked out a few of my favorites to share with you. These will probably be the next few pages that I'll sit down to do since I love the pictures.
My niece turned 4 this past weekend and we had a pool party at my Dad's house. The purple and green Tinkerbell combination in this photo scares me. This is so NOT a combination that I've ever worked with before. I love the photo and the memory of our little princess in all her Tinkerbell glory though.

She is so very lucky to have both an older brother and an older boy cousin. They dote on her, give in to her whims and are fiercely protective of each other. I'm not sure if I'll include this shot in her birthday layout or do a separate one of her & the boys.

Everyone in my family tends to gather at my Dad's on the weekends. Even more than usual lately since we've had a brutal heatwave in the Northeast. I love this group shot and can't wait to get my hands on some nice aqua and orange paper to go with it!


This is one of my favorite shots of the kids. I adore my niece and nephew. Couldn't love them more if they were my own. Nico is very close to both of them and this makes me happy. Even though he's an only child, he will grow up with cousins that are more like his brother & sister (just like I did). I can't wait to document this relationship.


Oh and this is my FAVORITE picture I have ever taken of Nico and his great-grandmother. Technically, it's not a great photo, but I was able to capture the way she looks at him. He could do no wrong in her eyes and she adores him. It's the same way she's looked at me all of my life. This is a treasure for me.


And last but not least, 4th of July. I'm working on a page about our whirlwind weekend. It should be up Tuesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment