October 18, 2010

Vacations and Such

I love the Seaside line that October Afternoon put out recently. I swear they made it specifically for the Eastern seaboard. The colors and feel of that line scream East Coast shore to me. So I sat down and made this...

This 2-page spread covers all of the highlights of our trip. I'll do individual pages about certain stories I want to tell (the pirate cruise, the beach house details, etc.) but I always like to do an intro page.
Click on the photo above for a more detailed look.

Did you ever go on a vacation and everything just seemed "off." This was one of those trips. It began with me spending the night before the trip in the ER and ended with a hurricane skirting nearby. I kept the journaling real and documented that too. I always focus on the good in life, but sometimes I wonder how seemingly 'perfect' our lives come across in scrapbooks. And so I added the warts in this story because I want to remember that too.



I used the Seaside line pretty much exclusively and added a little kraft paper. I haven't used an eyelet in years and it was great to do some old-fashioned hammering. I placed most of the title right in the photo and made the flag myself. A little banner at the top with some clear Dew Drops in between and there you have it - one shore vacation layout.

Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

  1. Your pics couldnt of been any more perfect for this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok seriously, Nancy.... you outdo yourself every single time. The lacing in the eyelets.... c'mon! Sooo COOL. Life may not be perfect, but your pages ARE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that paper says East Coast (born and raised in Massachusetts!) Love the intro page with the circle cut out photos. Eyelets??? I have plenty of those to use up too, I think we all do. Kinda funny how scrapbooking has evolved when we use old things to make them new again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this this layout! Your work is amazing. :)

    -Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so gorgeous! Makes me want to spend some days at the sea as well!
    Greetings from Germany
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout, very colorful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is seriously beyond amazing!!! SO SO SO must-life!!!

    ReplyDelete