November 9, 2009

Spring & Candyland

This is my son in his Spring Show last year. I can't believe how little he looks in these pictures. He has lost that baby face recently and I miss it.
I love the bright colors and whimsy of Doodlebug Designs and I usually find myself buying entire collections of their releases. This is all from their recent Key Lime line. I love the bold blue and green and I thought that they really screamed "spring."



Love the Doodlebug firefly brad and I decided to highlight it inside of a chipboard circle. I painted the circle with metallic green paint to give it some sparkle. It looks much better in person, but it's hard to photograph!

And this layout is to document the 289 games of Candyland that my husband and I have played in the last year. Nico loves this game and asks to play it over and over and over. Oh, and he's not happy if both Mami and Papa don't play. I have a feeling Santa will be bringing him lots and lots of new board games this year - for variety.
The stripe paper is from Bella Boulevard and it matches the colors in Doodlebug's candy/cupcake lines (border & gumball sticker) . I used the dark chocolate brown and aqua to tone down the pictures a little. The gumball sticker and 2 photos are mounted on chipboard squares by Bazzill Basics. One of the photos is tied up with a bit of bakery string from Martha Stewart. The letter stickers are American Crafts and the journal spot is from My Mind's Eye.
Have a great weekend!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment