April 8, 2010

Sleep is Key

I love this Quite Contrary collection from My Mind's Eye. The colors are beautiful and that cloud paper is one of my current favorites. The soft colors and the owl inspired me to go back in time and do a baby page. The one thing that I was most grateful for was when Nico finally started sleeping through the night. Once he did, it was a straight 12-hour sleep and he never got up in the middle of the night. What a blessing. I always said that I could handle anything that he threw at me during the day, if I could just sleep through the night uninterrupted. I think that because he was a well-rested baby, he was also a very happy baby. I loved going back and reminiscing about his babyhood. That is basically the jist of the journaling on the page.
To create the rolled up shade at the top, I cut a 6" piece of double-sided patterned paper and rolled it onto an empty paper towel roll to shape it. I crinkled up the paper a bit and rubbed some light brown chalk to age it a little. Then I removed the paper towel roll and flattened it out a bit. I added some twill ties to complete the look. I like how it looks like you are peeking into a window. This was a quick and simple layout for me.
All of the paper and die cuts are from My Mind's Eye. The letters are all Thickers by American Crafts. The cloud is a Maya Road cupcake top (again) and the clock is from an old Paper Bliss.
Thanks for taking a peek into Nico's world. Until the next post...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment