April 26, 2010

The Boy Rides

This is hands down my favorite page from last weekend. I have so many pictures of my son's first time on the boardwalk rides. I narrowed it down to three of my favorites to tell the story of what a little daredevil he was from the start.

I'm drawn to the crisp red, white and blue color palette and who doesn't love a banner? All of the paper is from one of my current favorites, The Girls Paperie. I love the colors and the vintage feel. I cut out the ticket strip from one of KI Memories lace die cut sheets and backed it with white. I added some metal studs in between the tickets for texture.

I wanted to do something different with the journaling so I cut out a circle from the ledger paper and backed it with my journaling on kraft cardstock. Getting it to line up is tricky, but using the text tool in Photoshop Elements helps. I layed a transparent frame from last year's Little Yellow Bicycle travel line on top of the third picture just to add a focal point. It had some printed travel words on the bottom that I cut off.
The title is made up of Thickers and those huge red letters are Pink Paislee. I love'em, although you can't spell much since you only get one of each letter. The ferris wheel charm is what I like to call vintage (Karen Foster). I love it when I find the perfect little finishing touch in my stash of old stuff. It justifies the supply hoarding that I tend to do.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Until the next post......(should be tomorrow).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite from the weekend also!! Thanks for posting this and the pics from the beach house-it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete