August 20, 2010

More Mosaics

As the end of summer nears, I'm rushing to get some of my favorite summer pictures onto layouts. This picture and memory is one of my favorites. Technically, the group shot is not a great photo because of the harsh lighting, but I love what it represents. Summer at my Dad's house (my son calls him Lelo, but that's another story for a later time). I love that my family gathers here and this summer it seems that almost every Sunday found us barbecuing by the pool.

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of my grandmother (bottom right) with her Life Alert securely around her neck. She doesn't go anywhere without it, yet she refused to press the button when she was having chest pains because the police would come to the house and what would the neighbors think? Ha. That's my grandmother. I'm glad that I have it in a photo.



This layout is a mixture of so many different manufacturers - Bazzill, Little Yellow Bicycle, Bo Bunny Press, Bella Boulevard, October Afternoon and Basic Grey. I love to do that. It's more work than using a coordinating line, but sometimes a challenge is good.

Here's a peek at another tile mosaic. One that was very cheap ($1) and simple (it came on a sheet). I love the look and it was so simple!

Have a great weekend! Let me see if I can go squeeze out a few more summer layouts before the season is over....

3 comments:

  1. Love this. What is that thred/ribbon/twin you used ??? Love the width. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages ALWAYS make me smile, Nancy. You always have such colorful, happy, well-designed pages! :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty,
    The ribbon is made of burlap and it's SEI from maybe 1-2 years ago. Thanks for your question!

    ReplyDelete