August 13, 2010

I Lost my Mind

I’m not sure why I went insane with this page, but once I made up my mind to create a mosaic, it was the beginning of the end. It was crazy intricate, crazy expensive (those glass tiles are not cheap!) and took a crazy amount of time (3 days) to create.

Here's a quick look at how I created the mosaic. I bought the tiles at Michael's. They come in two different sizes which made covering the area easier. I used a chipboard circle from Technique Tuesday and backed it with a sheet of Basics paper. The grid made getting the mosaic straight much easier than if I had just eyed it. This circle took 2 packages of large tiles and 2-1/2 packages of tiny tiles. Phew! Talk about tedious.


I like the way it turned out, but I won't be doing anything like this again any time soon. Next page will be something very simple and cheap and quick!

6 comments:

  1. This is truly a work of art-that mosaic is perfect!!! You blow me away with your creativity! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I see an "out for pub" sign in your future! :-)

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy it was worth it its amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone ever told you that you are brilliant beyond imagination when it comes to scrapping? This is utterly freaking awesome! CK wants it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - just wow! Great page. I'll bet it weighs a lot too - lol. I love your pages and make it a point to visit your blog every few days to see what is new. You should submit it to one of the scrapbooking mags.

    ReplyDelete