August 16, 2010

3 Kids 3 Days

Recently, I had my niece and nephew sleep over our house for a few days. Going from having an only child to three was quite the experience. I don't think I've ever been so tired, overwhelmed and happy at the same time. Here are a few of the things that I learned...


1. The house will never be clean. Even with a playroom and great storage, the toys were EVERYWHERE. As were the crumbs, the clothes and the towels.

2. It's amazing what it costs a family of 5 to spend the day at a waterpark. Ditto for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

3. Girl drama is just......wow.

4. You would think that 120 tickets is plenty for 3 kids to enjoy the rides at the boardwalk. It's not even close.

5. The house was full of laughter, chaos, playing, life and family.

6. The loads of laundry accumulated in just 3 short days is seriously daunting.

7. Having two siblings would've done my son a world of good. His behavior improved dramatically once he wasn't the center of attention anymore.

8. And last but certainly not least, you shall not sleep through the night. Inevitably, someone will have to go pee-pee, is scared, or falls out of the bed. We experienced all of these.

The house and I are still recovering but it was fun. We're planning to do it again in the Fall.

And to all you Mamas of multiples who do this day in and day out, I bow down to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment