December 1, 2010

I Do Frou

I usually shy away from the frou-frou look. I like it, but I do ugly things with it. I think I have a natural tendency towards clean lines and that usually doesn't work with the fancier styles. This Circa 1934 line by Cosmo Cricket has a mixture of both ornate and bold patterns which I really like.

These photos are from Nico's baptism. That's my Dad and grandmother holding him. I love the look of pride and happiness on her face. I remember her telling me that she was so grateful that she got to live long enough to meet her great-grandchild. Looking at these pictures is bittersweet because I can clearly see how rapidly Nico has aged and how quickly she is fading. Her wish was to meet him and mine is for her to live just a few more years so that he can remember her.
This page was created with the December WIP Kit.
This layout started with the circle chipboard embellishment and the polka dot paper. I loved both and tied the circular theme together with the black patterned paper. I cut a long strip of the "tag" paper and placed my title, date and small photo on it.
This was a fairly quick and easy page to put together. I think the colors and patterns dress it up without having to add much.

So that's it, my one frou page - which actually is not very frou is it? I guess it's the feel of it more than anything. I'll be back tomorrow with the last Circa page - my first Christmas page of the season!

3 comments:

  1. Your ability to combine multiple photos even with busy papers and get the story at the same time... well... amazing!! Saw your winter layout in SCT :) awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line of paper! It's on my list of paper to buy {like I really need more paper! lol} I think the reason I like your pages so much is because they are interesting to look at, tell a great story and yet the paper and embellishments do not over shadow the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!! I'm so glad that she got her wish & was able to see her great grandson &, now, I hope that you get your wish granted as well!!!

    ReplyDelete