June 21, 2010

A Good Story

I love a good story and I've come to realize that Nico does too. I've been reading to him regularly since he was a tiny baby and he has always had an amazing attention span for books. Every once in a while, I'll catch him reading at his little desk. On this particular morning, he was so engrossed in the story that he didn't even hear me taking pictures. And when he did notice me, he said "hi mom" and just kept right on reading.

l
I love these alphabet flash cards from October Afternoon and I think they went perfectly with the reading theme. I added a list of his favorite books at the time (2009) since they change all of the time and journaled the story inside of the pocket. The quote ("There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island") is by Walt Disney and is one of my favorites.

There is a mish mosh of manufacturers on this page and yet somehow, it all went together and matched. Supply list: Pattern paper: Basic Grey (kraft grid), Girls Paperie (stripe), Pink Paislee (navy brocade). Fabric pleats: Pink Paislee. White title: Basic Grey. Chipboard title: Pink Paislee. Pocket: 7Gypsies. Stickers: October Afternoon.

I'm busy working away on projects for a guest designer spot at WIP Kits. I'm knee deep in beautiful products and hopefully I can come up with some great pages. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I REALLY, REALLY love your scrapbooking style! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for the people who turned me onto you, everything you do is just utter delight to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your very nice comments! :)

    ReplyDelete