June 23, 2010

Circle of Flowers

I've been playing around with some of the Summertime line by Echo Park Paper Co. and I decided to make some flowers. I think the happy colors and patterns of this paper are perfect for this type of project. First, I started out with a series of circle punches ranging from 2" to 1/2" in diameter.



Next, I used my handy distresser tool from Making Memories to rough up the edges a bit.


I stacked the distressed circles and glued them together with some temporary dot adhesive. Then I drew random circles and made sure I liked the spacing before piercing holes through the center.



I filled the holes with green jewel and plain top brads. Next, I punched out a 3" flower and sewed two circles around the edges. I glued it all together and then stuck it on a stick!


Here is a sneak peek at the finished product. And yes, I did a girlie page - complete with flowers and butterflies and PINK! This was very outside of my comfort zone, but I liked the challenge. I'm still tweaking it and adding pictures. I'll finish this page soon and post it next week!


3 comments:

  1. Nan, you got my interest on this one. Flowers? Hmmm....can't wait to see the rest of the page.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe it? I haven't put a flower on a page since circa 2005 (when the boy was born). I'm still working on it though...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! designer wedding flowers london

    ReplyDelete