April 25, 2011

Easter Then & Now

I have a new Easter layout that posted over on 2Peas this morning to share with you. Up first is a blast from the past Easter - 2006 to be exact. It was our first Easter with Nico and we tried to do everything Easter related with an 8 month old baby. I have to laugh when I look at those egg coloring pics - although he does seem to be a little into it.
 I remember starting our tradition of the easter egg hunt that year even though the boys were only  8 months and 20 months old. Here's a photo of the entire layout. I apologize for the bad picture! It's so hard to take pictures of 2-page layouts.
Click on the layout for a closer view.
I created a scene at the top of the layout with the Neighborhood collection from Crate Paper. Lots of chipboard and patterned paper layers here although the end result is still clean lines. I would love to say that it was a simple layout to put together, but it definitely wasn't. I struggled with this one for quite a while until I got the look I wanted. Balancing the scene up at the top was tricky.
Fast forward 5 years and here are Nico & his cousins getting ready to hunt eggs this year.

What happens when 3 people try to take a picture at the same time? The kids don't know where to look! This happens every year. Sigh. But I still love the picture for being perfectly imperfect.  

We are recovering from a serious peep hangover today. There is nothing like having a house full of kids hyped up on sugar all day long. My niece and nephew are staying with us a few days this week, so I might be a little slower than usual getting stuff posted up here. Bear with me! There's a green army guy page coming up soon. 

Hope you had a great Easter!

1 comment:

  1. oooo!! I can't wait for the green army guy. That is my little one's favorite thing.. his bucket of soldiers from Toy Story.

    I think your page turned out beautifully!! They always do!! I love how you did the title and love that line. Waiting for mine to arrive.. any day now!! :)

    ReplyDelete