January 3, 2017

Studio Calico January Kit: Roman Holiday Projects

This month starts a new year on the Studio Calico team. I'm excited to use these kits and stretch creatively! My first assignment this month was to use the January Roman Holiday Stamp Subscription set.  The design centers around the stamped bordered. Layering very light gray flowers with black script words creates a pretty pattern that centers the design.
The story is one about my boy + husband. While the photo is from a recent vacation, I decided to journal what I was thinking when I first looked at the photo rather than the typical "who, what, when". Placing the words + photo on a bed of patterned strips calls attention to the point!

Nancy Damiano | Studio Calico  www.thepaperorchard.com
My favorite embellishment in the Roman Holiday kit are the chipboard pencils. Here they create a border pointing to the vellum stickers with a bold splash of color. 


My second favorite? Those little emoji heart puffy stickers. How cute are they? By tucking them just under the photo, it draws the eyes straight to the star - my dog Lucy. The story is about a funny moment when I realized that my little black and spotted dog was chewing on a black and spotted dog. My first thought was - cannibal! Lucy makes me laugh all the time and I thought this story was an important one documenting our every day lives.

This assignment was to use the Funny Face Add On which is birthday themed. Here the story is about my niece and her third birthday. I chose this photo because I liked how it matches the patterned paper.



My favorite part of this design are the balloon strings. The balloons in the pattern reminded me of the Disney movie "Up" and that's where the idea to extend the string design came from. Thanks Disney for the spark!

The Studio Calico Roman Holiday kits and add-ons are perfect for creating a spark of design and telling your stories!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects, Nancy! You are such an incredible designer!! Always find inspiration in your work:)

    ReplyDelete