July 26, 2014

Painted Backgrounds

This picture of Nico makes me laugh, it so him. Laid back + funny + waiting on the world to cater to him. That's my kid. The sole picture tells the story perfectly so it's all I needed. That left we with a lot of space to get creative. I started the canvas by brushing some acrylic paint on the white background to match the aqua in the photo.
 All of the things I used on this page came from Scraptastic's July Sail kit. While it has a definite nautical theme, it also includes a lot of pieces that can be used for telling any story.


 The circle die cut is the perfect place to add little bit and pieces. I love details - they're one of my favorite things to design.
I cut up strips of aqua paper and layered them under the photos and embellishments. This adds a layer of texture and shape to the base. I used Staz-On ink to stamp on the painted background.


The paint anchors everything on the layout. It made putting the rest of pieces together easy and highlights the photo. Layers of tags by Scraptastic and a journaling card from Carta Bella add just the right punch of bright color.

3 comments:

  1. Love these colors! I haven't done painting on a layout in quite some time...might have to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! Try the paint, it's a fun way to play with color on a layout. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your background - it's a simple thing, this paint you added, but it makes him float on the whole page not only the piece of photo)

    ReplyDelete