July 22, 2015

Elle's Studio Cienna + Paint

LoveYou2

COLLECTION | Elle’s Studio Cienna

STORY | Documenting my son’s personality at age nine. Some of his strengths and improvements and things that drive me crazy.:)
DESIGN |  I started with the idea of arranging elements by color. There are two dominant colors in the Cienna collection that I love – buttercup yellow and mint. I added the splash of pink down the center to emphasize the title.
LoveYouPink
To create the painted ombre effect in the center I used the Jillibean Happy Hues paint in Precocious Pink and then a simple line of mango Gelato paint that I blended into the acrylic paint. This painted base makes the large white title pop.
LoveYouYellow
The yellow and mint sides are filled with bits and pieces from the Cienna collection, exclusives from past kits (cork, acrylic and flair) and 4 rectangles of patterned paper.
LoveYouAqua
Separating elements by color is a fun way to include an eclectic mix of supplies on a page and frame a favorite photo!

3 comments:

  1. This page is SO cool! I love all the little bits and pieces! You are an awesome designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is pure perfection. Love the overall design of it with the columns and journaling in between. Also loving the color groupings for each column! So soft and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    twistflex backdrops

    ReplyDelete